Events Producer & Creative Programmer
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling.
Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
Meow Wolf is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates. We are an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The role of the Event Producer and Creative Programmer is to oversee the creation of events and programming that enhances the permanent exhibition experience as well as engaging Meow Wolf fans through on- and off-site events such as themed dance parties, block parties, community-oriented events and immersive weekends.
- At least three years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities
- Reliable transportation
- Creative Thinking
- Culture Fit
- Emotional Intelligence
- Job Knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Develop the creative for new events with the director of the Events program as well as with Meow Wolf’s creative direction team to ensure aesthetic consistency
- Develop and oversee the event’s budget
- Oversee the production of the event
- Work alongside functional directors, such as the art, technical, and operational directors
- Set out critical milestones and deadlines for the production of each event
- receiving event concepts from other Meow Wolf departments such as Community Outreach, Marketing, Artist Liaison, and Executive team and producing events on their behalf
- Call for the kick off of new events alongside the Project Manager
- Find and vetting venues for offsite events
- Theme soft-ticketed parties that align with Meow Wolf’s brand
- Develop special programs to engage permanent exhibition guests such as talks, workshops, classes, and performances
- Analyze the success of the event
- Cast various functional roles to make the event successful
- Other duties as assigned
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.