About this Position
The Staff Accountant position is an integral part of Meow Wolf’s Finance team. The position is managed by the Finance Manager. This position works alongside other Staff Accountants, AP/AR Specialists and Financial Analysts.
The Staff Accountant maintains the books for MW Inc or one of its subsidiaries. This person will focus on maintaining accurate financial records and preparing and disseminating financial information to department heads. The position will work with project managers, department heads, and other employees to obtain information and documentation to support accurate numbers in the general ledger. The position compiles management reports and assists with special financial, systems, and data-driven projects.
The ideal candidate will be organized, a self-starter, have great attention to detail, enjoy taking on assigned tasks and be flexible to the exciting nature of a growing company. Strong knowledge of accounting, reconciling, general ledger, financial statements, journal entries, and month end closing.
Ability to work with others to create successful processes and a sense of humor are vital. Regular software applications include the accounting software Dynamics GP, Excel and google sheets, among others.
This position offers great opportunity for progression in a growing company.
- BS in Accounting or Finance with minimum 5 years general ledger accounting experience.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP; AP/AR experience a must.
- Experience posting journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, capitalizing projects, depreciating assets, amortizing prepaids, reviewing general ledger entries, and preparing financial statements.
- Public accounting experience and Dynamics GP software experience desired, but not required.
- Ability to jump in and take charge of a full set of books, from transaction review through financial reporting.
- Ability to review the general ledger and financial statements for anomalies and research and explain those anomalies.
- Ability to work with others to create processes that both fulfill the requirements of accounting and the sometimes atypical activities of departments.
- Flexible and open minded.
- The Staff Accountant will be responsible for maintaining a full set of books for a Meow Wolf entity.
- Responsible for providing financial information to department heads and training entity staff on processes and procedures as well as financial systems.
- Assisting the Finance Manager with special projects and the annual audit.
- Developing new processes, policies and procedures.
- Other tasks, as assigned.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.