Technical Systems Project Manager
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling.
Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
Meow Wolf is seeking an experienced project manager to join a cross functional team that is building foundational infrastructure for the Meow Wolf experience. The ideal candidate will have experience working with project teams and successfully managing multiple projects at once. This position will facilitate project management for all Infrastructure projects the department is responsible for. This includes design and oversight of all line voltage, low voltage, and network systems across the company.
This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as a high level of focus and follow-through. Initially this position will work closely with the Infrastructure Director to learn Meow Wolf’s organizational standards, process, and culture. Once established, there will be opportunities to grow with the organization and take on more responsibility as is pertains to the Infrastructure department scope of work.
We are in the process of developing our department and streamlining our workflow. The ideal candidate will be an integral part of this growth. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved and participate in building a strong, effective team that supports the entire company.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in project management, ideally in managing electrical, architectural, and/or commercial construction
- Thorough understanding of project management fundamentals through both study and practice
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage and lead a diverse team of creative and technical contributors
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage deeply nested sets of requirements and dependencies
- High level of technical literacy, the ability to both manage and generally understand technical requirements
- Strong writing and presentation skills, the ability to hold a room and present materials to multiple stakeholders
- Ability to adopt new pieces of software to achieve job responsibilities
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and ability to work collaboratively as part of a large creative team.
- Proactive/forward looking
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-managing, patient with yourself and others
- Must be receptive to receiving direction and can perform well within a team environment
- Able to make solution-driven decisions in a fast-paced work environment
- Adaptable to changing needs and possess the ability to take on new tasks
- Bachelor’s degree. Ideally in one or more of the following:
- Business administration
- Construction management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) cert
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work closely/as needed with Infrastructure Manager, Department Heads, Executive Producers, and Project Managers to ensure all electrical infrastructure needs are accounted and designed for:
- Manage department project planning, scheduling, correspondence, and coordination for multiple projects from conception through completion
- Projects may range from very simple to very complex with varying timelines, scales, and scopes
- Projects may involve few or many stakeholders and involve coordination with Infrastructure department team members, other Meow Wolf departments/divisions, vendors, contractors, collaborators, etc.
- Scale and scope of projects will be clearly defined on project kick-off
- Track and report project status and team performance throughout project
- Manage project constraints at all times, finding balance between the team’s capacity, priority, budget, risk, and overall value
- Manage relationships between project stakeholders
- Flag bottlenecks, pain points, and projects that require more capacity than the team has
- Monitor/manage the performance of projects involving stakeholders from multiple Meow Wolf teams and/or external vendors/contractors to keep projects on budget and on schedule
- Deliver insights for improved workflow and process as they become apparent. This may involve helping develop processes and/or standards and implementing them
- Collaborate with stakeholders to manage relationships with external partners and vendors
- Contribute to the overall happiness and health of the team, help keep the vibe alive!
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Work related travel for meetings, project coordination, site visit, artist studio visit, partnership development and other trips related to job.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.