Live Stream Production Tech
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists. Meow Wolf is one of the fastest growing startups in New Mexico and is a Delaware registered B Corporation, a socially responsible business designation.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
Meow Wolf Entertainment (MWE), a department within Meow Wolf, is the engine that builds narrative universes, which enriches exhibition experiences and multiplies Meow Wolf’s engagement and impact for a global audience.
The Live Streaming Production Technician will work closely with the Live Streaming Producer and Director of Live in Santa Fe for learning best practices of producing live streams as well as standard operating procedures. They are charged with keeping these systems operational and coordinating with the Live Streaming team to maintain these systems at the highest standard of quality. They may also be asked to assist with the encouragement of talent to engage in the show and participate. When necessary they will contribute to the assessment and plausibility of the production of a live stream and will coordinate with the rest of the Meow Wolf Live team to ensure each stream’s success.
- This position prefers a knowledge of streaming software, experience with cameras, tripods, lighting, sound equipment, film and/or streaming production as well as post-production / editing.
- Comfortable with Twitch/YouTube/Facebook streaming services and monitoring chat.
- Experience in streaming and being a creator of game/tutorial/creative and/or experimental content.
- Proficiency with computers and technical problem solving.
- Intermediate understanding of cameras/image composition, lighting, production sound.
- On-camera experience a plus
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate
- Strong ability to self-manage
- Highly detail oriented, meticulous and organized with file management
- Creative collaboration with Live team
- Experience with editing software
- Applicant should be very comfortable working with Windows and Google Suite
- Xsplit, Restream, Adobe Suite, OSX, OBS
- Quality Focus
- Team Focus
- Ability to keep up with modern technology conventions.
- Physical Stamina
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Climbing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Repetitive Motion.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The worker is required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned (i.e., custodial, food services, general laborer, etc.) or to make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., security guard, inspection, etc.).
Subject to environmental conditions, outside environmental conditions, heat, cold, noise, vibration, etc.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. Collaborates with numerous departments on a very regular basis. Fast-paced, high energy environment.
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday (40 hours average). Available shifts include early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays may be required as job duties demand.
Some travel may be required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Primary responsibility will be keeping the show’s technical systems operational.
Other duties include:
- Operate sound and lights in-studio and provide camera-switching to our live-streaming end-users.
- Monitor and troubleshoot stream quality during live production.
- Operate sound, lights, and video in the Live Streaming Studio.
- Monitor, maintain, and report issues relating to Director of Live Streaming.
- Assist on-air talent, employees, and clients with all things production-related.
- Other duties as assigned.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.