About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
Meow Wolf is seeking a Senior Producer to join our team to lead the development and production of interactive mixed reality experiences in our exhibitions and online. This person is responsible for maintaining direction and creative alignment with our exhibitions teams and managing the design and development of interactive experiences across media platforms.
We are creating new experiences that push the boundaries of existing norms of interaction. This requires an experienced professional capable of guiding and directing the work in a way that enables our creative teams to think big, maintain continuity, and ensure that the overall customer experience remains aligned with the values of Meow Wolf. The ideal candidate will have experience in the realms of game and experience design, digital fabrication methodologies, and/or themed entertainment.
- BA / BS with a minimum of 5 years working experience leading and producing interactive experiences and content
- Compelling portfolio of work to exemplify experience that is relevant to our projects
- Strong hands-on project management skills including resource management, communication and coordination skills, budget and timeline management, and scope management
- Ability to understand and ascribe business value to creative and conceptual thinking
- Experience using Keynote to develop presentations that clearly communicate vision and tell a compelling story
- Experience using lean agile methodologies and tools
- Highly collaborative working style with the ability to drive decision making
- Familiarity with industry-standard production methods and design tools
This position will coordinate with a team of creative directors, experience designers, project managers, technologists, and visual artists to produce experience design documentation and develop content. This position will also directly manage and mentor junior producers.
- Lead the team to generate and develop new ideas and concepts on an ongoing basis that immerse participants in a rich story universe
- Act as the steward for the creative vision of the project and thoughtfully articulate that vision to gain buy-in across the organization
- Collaborate with and lead other creative team members to clearly visualize and demonstrate abstract concepts and experience design into reference materials to be used in other departments’ production pipelines
- Coordinate with other creative directors, leads, and department heads to ensure creative alignment across multiple ongoing projects
- Coordinate with departments across the organization to produce content that meets the specifications of the team’s design documentation
- Work with design technologists to ensure that interactivity and gameplay is developed and encoded according to design intent
- Work with our design and infrastructure teams to ensure that our physical exhibitions and infrastructure accommodate our experience designs
- Participate in daily standups, manage and track the workload of the team, and work to enable other creative team members to do their best work
- Directly manage and mentor other producers in the department to enable their growth and career development
- Produce regular status reports and updates for executive stakeholders
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.