About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
Meow Wolf is seeking a System Administrator to oversee and maintain software systems, system access, and system configuration across the Meow Wolf IT landscape. The ideal candidate will have experience working with a variety of systems including enterprise point of sale, teleconferencing, email and messaging, inventory management, helpdesk, access control, identity, network storage, and virtualized server environments. We are looking for a highly organized and passionate IT professional to join our IT team to support the continued growth of our organization.
- 1-3 years of professional experience managing and maintaining IT systems
- Strong technical skills and the ability to manage many different technical systems
- Experience managing and provisioning software software access and configuration across an organization
- Experience developing and enforcing security policies
- Experience working in virtualized server environments with a deep understanding of Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Must be receptive to receiving direction and can perform well within a team environment
- Adaptable to changing needs and possess the ability to take on new tasks
- Experience with scripting including Bash, Powershell and Pearl.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Current CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications
- Deploy and maintain new and existing software systems across the organization
- Procure and provision employee desktop workstations, laptops, and mobile devices
- Provision and deprovision access to employee identity, facilities, networks, and software platforms
- Maintain, monitor, and assign software licenses to employee workstations
- Manage, operate, and provision access to virtualized compute resources on-prem and in the cloud
- Actively monitor and report on the performance of our compute resources, software systems, and network communication
- Automate and maintain backups of all business-critical data across the organization
- Implement and govern acceptable use and security policies across all software systems
- Assist the IT Helpdesk in troubleshooting ongoing issues and servicing requests
- Actively document new policies and methods as they are implemented
- Work with Network Administrator to Develop and test Disaster Recovery procedures
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.