Project Manager (Digital Storytelling)
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
Meow Wolf is seeking an experienced project manager to join a cross-functional team that is building new and amazing enhancements to the Meow Wolf experience. The ideal candidate will have a history of working with experience design and product teams with a proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects at once. Experience driving cross-functional teams is an absolute must. We are building next generation products and experiences that integrate into the broader Meow Wolf ecosystem, and we need someone who is passionate about bringing these new experiences to life using forward-thinking project management methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing the work product of development and/or design teams
- Experience using tools like JIRA to manage a product backlog and generate project reports
- Thorough understanding of project management fundamentals through both study and practice
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage and lead a diverse team of creative and technical contributors
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage deeply nested sets of requirements and dependencies
- High level of technical literacy, the ability to both manage and generally understand technical requirements
- Strong writing and presentation skills, the ability to hold a room and present materials to multiple stakeholders
- Ability to adopt new pieces of software to achieve job responsibilities
- Manage project constraints at all times, finding balance between the team’s capacity, feature priority, schedule, budget, risk, and overall value
- Manage the performance of cross-functional teams to continuously deliver new experience designs, platform and application features, and content
- Collaborate with project owners and other stakeholders to manage relationships with external partners and vendors
- Track and report project budget, status, and team performance in near-real-time
- Organize and run daily stand-ups that are short, effective, and fun
- Collaborate with stakeholders and team members to generate user stories and technical requirements that clearly communicate design intent and user needs, along with relevant acceptance criteria
- Conduct regular backlog grooming and sprint planning exercises in collaboration with the team and project stakeholders
- Collaborate with our digital team to plan and conduct user research and organize cross functional workshops with project stakeholders and team members
- Contribute to the overall happiness and health of the team, help keep the vibe alive!
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.