Program Manager (Digital Storytelling)
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
Meow Wolf is seeking an experienced program manager to join a cross functional team that is building new and amazing enhancements to the Meow Wolf experience. The ideal candidate will have experience operating at a program level, preferably with a professional history of directly managing technical and creative projects. This position will oversee a team of project managers across multiple departments to ensure coordination and control across multiple complex initiatives. Strong verbal and written communication skills are an absolute must, including the ability to rapidly produce visual aids and presentations to disseminate updates and information on team performance, technical strategy, and program status. A successful applicant will have experience in the fields of interactive design, digital fabrication, themed entertainment and/or the cultural heritage sector.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing the work product of development and/or design teams
- Experience operating at a program level with the ability to think broadly and strategically while working with project managers to execute strategy and drive projects forward
- Experience using tools like JIRA to monitor project status and generate project reports
- Thorough understanding of project management fundamentals through both study and practice
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to manage and lead a team of project managers and coordinators
- High level of technical literacy, the ability to both manage and generally understand technical requirements
- Strong writing and presentation skills, the ability to hold a room and present materials to multiple stakeholders
- Ability to adopt new pieces of software to achieve job responsibilities
This position will manage and collaborate with a dedicated team of project managers and coordinators who will act as the hub between artists, fabricators, technologists, designers and contractors.
- Translate business and technical strategy into achievable roadmaps by collaborating with executive-level stakeholders, technical teams, and creative teams
- Manage initiatives across multiple departments by overseeing project execution with a dedicated team of project managers and project coordinators
- Collaborate with product owners and other stakeholders to ensure that product vision and design intent is being captured in the work of creative and technical teams
- Track and report program status and team performance across multiple departments
- Develop and disseminate regular division-wide reports to evangelize the work of the teams and increase visibility on the progress of our various initiatives
- Collaborate with product owners to plan and organize cross functional workshops with project stakeholders and team members and to plan and conduct user research
- Manage relationships between project stakeholders and external vendors
- Contribute to the overall happiness and health of the team, help keep the vibe alive!
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.