About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
Meow Wolf is seeking an experienced, knowledgeable, and effective recruiter to help grow the team for both corporate and exhibit hires, as well as assisting in the staffing up of our new exhibits as well. The ideal candidate will be able to contribute broadly in promoting our hiring brand, drive the improvement of recruitment processes, and ultimately help us fill positions with the right candidates at the fast pace that is Meow Wolf.
Reporting to Meow Wolf’s Senior Director of HR Operations, our recruiter will focus on the overall recruitment process for all of our open positions – from sourcing, and screening resumes and applications, to participating in interviews, to extending written offers. Positions recruiting for include technical positions, creative roles, administrative jobs, representing the full gamut of Meow Wolf employees. Our new recruiter will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining recruitment key metrics, including Time To Fill and Cost Per Hire.
- 5 or more years recruiting for both exempt and non-exempt roles
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Business acumen – ability to understand the company from a business perspective
- Great communication skills, personable, able to create strong relationships
- Ability to prioritize openings and focus on most important roles
- Ability and aptitude for fast pace and some amount of ambiguity
- Familiarity and understanding of HR software, particularly applicant tracking systems
- Experience recruitment in the entertainment/arts field
- SHRM certification
- Already established network of recruiters, candidates, sources to hit the ground running
- In conjunction with HR management, develop and implement best practices for recruitment, sourcing, interviewing, and onboarding
- With HR team members, assist in the development of employment branding for Meow Wolf, including managing our Careers page on our website
- Partners with hiring manager to determine staffing needs
- Screens resumes, interviews candidates by phone, Zoom, or in person, administers appropriate assessments and reference/background checking, makes recommendations for hire (or not hire)
- Uses traditional and non-traditional resources to identify and attract quality candidates
- Develops advertising programs (internal and external) to ensure high visibility with potential candidates
- Works with Hiring Managers to propose offer packages for senior leader approval
- Extends written offers to candidates
- Manages internal transfer process, including screening, coordination of interviews with Hiring Manager, transfer offer letters, and helping to manage transition between departments
- Follows up with candidates, Hiring Managers, and HR Directors to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process/hiring decisions
- Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals
- Communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offers, such as benefits, compensation, NDAs, etc.
- Works with Hiring Managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations
- Manages current candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS)
- Manages application/resume file and retention according to company policy
- Creates periodic reports to upper management regarding recruitment activity, openings, hires, and key recruitment metrics
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.