About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
Meow Wolf is searching for an experienced, knowledgeable and efficient Payroll Manager to help us bring payroll inside the organization for an improved process, more flexibility, and greater effectiveness. This role will be instrumental in implementing our new HRIS coming in the Fall of 2019.
Reporting to Meow Wolf’s Senior Director of HR Operations, the Payroll Manager will be responsible for the administration of the payroll process from end to end, but also responsible, more broadly, for managing an efficient and compliant payroll system at Meow Wolf.
- 5 or more years experience managing Payroll in a corporate setting
- Extremely knowledgeable on payroll and payroll-related topics
- Extremely knowledgeable and familiar with payroll systems and time clocks
- Business acumen – ability to understand the company from a business perspective
- Great communication skills, personable, able to create strong relationships
- Ability to meet specific deadlines and hold others to deadlines
- Ability and aptitude for fast pace and some amount of ambiguity
- Bachelors degree in Business or related field
- SHRM certification
- Experience in the entertainment/arts industry
- Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data. Typically uses automated systems to produce accurate and timely payroll. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws
- Compiles payroll data such as garnishments, PTO, insurance, and other deductions
- Poll electronic time clocks and review the downloaded information for completeness and accuracy
- Ensures payroll accuracy by following up on payroll errors and ultimately facilitates correction of those errors
- Establishes new payroll and tax registration as Meow Wolf moves into new states; optimizes processes
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, PTO accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws
- Stays current on payroll related compliance requirements to ensure MW compliance
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.