About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists. Meow Wolf is one of the fastest growing startups in New Mexico and is a Delaware registered B Corporation, a socially responsible business designation.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
Meow Wolf Entertainment (MWE), a department within Meow Wolf, is the engine that builds narrative universes, which enriches exhibition experiences and multiplies Meow Wolf’s engagement and impact for a global audience.
MWE is growing our post-production and animation departments in Santa Fe and this is an exciting opportunity to work with a unique organization. We are searching for an audio wizard and creative problem-solver with experience in all phases of audio recording and production through design, edit, mix, mastering, and delivery. Experience composing and performing a plus. Ideally, the candidate will provide leadership and collaboration to help grow and maintain a dynamic and innovative media studio. We know you’re out there! Apply today!
The role of this Santa Fe, NM-based Sound Mixer/Designer will be to contribute dynamic sound design and professional mixing and mastering abilities to the post-production process at MWE. The Sound Mixer/Designer will work closely with MWE production and post-production teams to schedule and meet in-house project milestones. The Sound Mixer/Designer must utilize and maintain a pipeline that can support immediate and future needs and will be responsible for seeing projects from start to finish.
- Must have proficiency in all phases of audio post-production and engineering with a minimum of 2 years of professional experience (Pro Tools preferred)
- A passion of quality audio
- Background in both commercial and artistic forms of audio engineering/sound design
- A knowledge of cinematic language and narrative structure
- Self-motivated, self-managing, and patient with yourself and others
- Must be receptive to art direction and perform well within a team environment
- Experience being part of a team of interdisciplinary artists
- Must be able to adhere to tight schedules with minimal supervision and work well under pressure
- Able to manage multiple tasks and make solution-driven decisions in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- Adaptable to changing needs and possess the ability to take on new tasks
- Ability to handle sensitive tasks accurately and confidentiallyPreferred Qualifications:
- Music composition and performance experience
- On-set film recording experience
- Experience designing/mixing within the realms of gaming and VR
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday (40 hours average).
- Cultural Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence
- Conflict Management
- Organizational Advocate
- Team Leadership
- Results Driven
- Building Teams
- Creative Leadership
- Problem Solving
- Creative Thinking
- Job Knowledge
- Resource Management
Some travel may be required.
Please provide a cover letter.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Work closely with the Post-Production and Animation departments to satisfy audio post-production needs for Meow Wolf Entertainment film, video and media projects
- Assist in maintaining MWE’s post-production facilities
- Creative audio recording, editing, designing, processing, mixing, mastering and delivery of media content as required using a variety of industry-standard tools
- Mixing in both stereo and surround formats
- Field and studio recording source material
- Syncing media and match back
- Support established post-production workflow and pipeline guidelines to and deliver final content in required formats
- Ensure technical quality of end product
- Edit and deliver all content on time and on budget
- Communicate with all relevant departments and stakeholders
- Collaborate with other team members to maintain a vibrant and cohesive audio post-production process and environment
- Oversee the security, operation, and maintenance of equipment utilized in Meow Wolf Entertainment’s production workflow
- Perform additional duties as directed or required
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.