Graphic Production Manager
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
Meow Wolf is seeking a highly skilled Production Manager to work with our Graphic Design team. This position will play a crucial role in organizing and overseeing timelines, deliverables, and content collection for each graphic design project. This role exists to ensure that projects are running efficiently and that work is delivered on time and within scope, balancing the needs of various Meow Wolf departments with the capacities of the Graphic Design Team. The production manager will be a pillar of the Graphic Design team, breaking complex projects into manageable tasks, prioritizing tasks for multiple projects, working well under pressure, and offering general support to the team.
The successful candidate will be a skilled project manager who has experience navigating multiple simultaneous projects from start to finish in a collaborative environment. Superb organization, planning, and the ability to communicate clearly with multiple departments and diverse personalities are necessities for this role. While a background in design is helpful, this is not a design position. The Graphic Production Manager is a non-supervisory role.
This position covers a range of responsibilities including overseeing jobs requiring production, monitoring timelines, requesting vendor estimates, arranging meetings, assigning/following up on action items from meetings, keeping track of supplies, and maintaining server and cloud archives of working and complete projects. This role offers a great opportunity for someone who is organized, gets satisfaction out of seeing projects completed, and delights in working with creatives.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience and proven success in a graphic production studio or marketing communications environment
- Meticulous attention to detail and timely execution
- Excellent communication, organizational, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments simultaneously, while working against tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, Wrike or other project management software, and experience with Gantt charts.
- Experience managing a team and individual team member’s workloads
- BA or equivalent in Marketing/Advertising, Graphic Design, or a related field preferred.
- Collaborate with internal counterparts and clients to understand timelines and ensure staffing resources are always available
- Provide production strategy and planning for upcoming launches and updates to ensure production capabilities are understood and considered
- Act as the Graphic Design Team’s primary point-person for all our projects and teams
- Anticipate and respond to the needs of our teams and projects be proactive in foreseeing/anticipating the needs of both team, projects, and the graphic design team
- Use project management software to create production schedules for all design projects. Track projects from initial request through design development, reviews, approval, production, and delivery and prioritize design projects within the graphic design team
- Monitor project progress and workflow. Set up projects when proposals are approved and run reports as needed
- Improve workflow and processes. Streamline and devise effective systems for more efficient management
- Ability to oversee 20+ projects at any one time
- Delegate tasks to the team based on individual team member’s strengths and workloads
- Verify information is accurate on all project requests and design briefs, layouts and specifications
- Gather deadlines, copy, projects specs and reference materials to complete design as needed. Ensure that all relevant documents and information are in their proper places and accessible by the design team.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.