Visitor Services Manager
About this Position
Meow Wolf is hiring a Visitor Services Manager to oversee the Visitor Services department and create a consistently excellent visitor experience.
The Visitor Services Manager is responsible for the operations of the Visitor Services department at Meow Wolf’s House of Eternal Return. Major duties include managing all Visitor Services staff leads (including Managers on Duty, docent leads, and front desk leads), front desk cashiers, and docent staff as well as department budget management and improvement to Visitor Services operations policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff
- Demonstrated good judgment in difficult and complicated management situations
- Demonstrated ability to maintain an appropriate, dispassionate demeanor in emergencies, difficult customer interactions, and interactions with personnel
- Experience in a leadership role in a similar public-facing institution; e.g. museum, retail space, restaurant, theater
- Experience working with visitors in a similar public-facing institution; e.g. museum, retail space, restaurant, theater
- Experience training staff and identifying training needs
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a positive representative of Meow Wolf
- Be familiar with Meow Wolf operations
- Ensuring a consistent and positive experience for Meow Wolf Santa Fe visitors
- Directly supervising Managers on Duty, Front Desk Leads, Docent Leads, and Visitor Services staff
- Scheduling of all Visitor Services staff and assisting with the scheduling of Gift Shop and Events staff
- Providing feedback and reviews for all Visitor Services staff; maintaining high quality staff performance
- Managing, reviewing, and signing off on payroll for all hourly employees of Meow Wolf Santa Fe LLC
- Making projections for hiring needs and completing hiring procedures for Visitor Services staff
- With Human Resources, recommending and developing Visitor Services staff training
- Managing the Visitor Services department budget
- Recommending, creating, and communicating policies and procedures for Meow Wolf Santa Fe LLC
- Maintaining knowledge of events, special programs and projects happening at Meow Wolf Santa Fe LLC and communicating about them to the staff
- Tracking fluctuations in visitation numbers and adjusting staffing levels accordingly
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.