Senior Project Manager (Construction)
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists. Meow Wolf is one of the fastest growing startups in New Mexico and is a Delaware registered B Corporation, a socially responsible business designation.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
The Senior Project Manager (Construction) is an integral part of the project management team. This individual is responsible for the development, planning, execution, and closeout of all aspects of the construction/facility program throughout the project lifespan.
This role may be based in Santa Fe, NM or Denver, CO
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience as a project manager in construction, themed entertainment, or related field
- Experience working in or around a themed entertainment construction business or at a construction company
- Must be able to work effectively and efficiently with deadlines and a schedule dependent on the needs of the project
- Must be flexible, innovative, and adaptable based on the needs of a dynamic work environment.
- Must be self-motivated with a strong attention to detail while managing multiple projects at the same time.
- Experience collaborating with diverse teams
- Proficient user of Google Suite and Microsoft Office
- Experience with MS Projects or Primavera and project management software is a plus
- Great communication, budgeting and time management skills
- Hold a valid driver’s license and must be willing to travel frequently
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for the construction project schedule, establishing critical path tasks to ensure schedule compliance, and proper communication with contractors to achieve the desired completion date with an eye towards risk mitigation.
- Manages relationships with external construction project stakeholders including general contractor, developer, architects, and owner’s representative on behalf of the project/company.
- Along with Project Architect, serves as primary project contact for project/company with the city and any local authorities.
- Responsible for tracking construction costs and contract management for GC throughout project duration.
- Works closely with Project Architect and Senior Integration Project Manager to ensure coordination of exhibition designs with permit and pricing design sets.
- Oversees the preparation of design/construction documents, coordinating with the Project Architect and contractors as needed to maintain project schedules, budgets and other deliverables.
- Oversees all aspects of project construction and exhibition facility integration in collaboration with and/or serving as owner’s representative.
- Travels regularly to site location for site visits as well as meetings with city reviewers, general contractor, architects and other local stakeholders during core & shell construction; position temporarily relocates to city of site location once TI is underway.
- Reviews, coordinates and approves contracts and change order requests pertaining to scope (along with senior leadership as required).
- Builds, manages and oversees budgets related to construction and infrastructure contractors, building costs, insurance and FF&E.
- Maintains and manages facility planning to maintain cash flows per quarter.
- Works with internal and external partners to develop exhibition designs and facility plans that lessen operational impact, and negotiates with partners to implement projects in the most cost effective manner.
- Coordinates the receipt, storage and installation of FF&E items during install phase.
- Manages assigned third party construction manager(s) and consultants.
- Provides updates to senior leadership as required.
- Works closely with Project Manager responsible for theming contractor scope, overseeing integration of theming scope with construction and building systems.
- Oversees internal infrastructure team’s project-specific scope and deliverables.
- Provides leadership on project management team regardless of whether individual has direct or indirect reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibility.
This role may be based in Santa Fe, NM or Denver, CO. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and scanners.
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
- Quality Focus
- Problem Solving
- Creative Thinking
- Knowledge and Skills
- Team Focus
Frequent travel will be required between Santa Fe, NM and from Denver, Colorado worksite with periods of temporary relocation between the two cities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.