About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling.
Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
Do you love numbers, a team-based environment, and working with creatives to build new immersive art experiences? Meow Wolf is seeking an experienced and results-driven Accounting Manager to support Meow Wolf Inc and subsidiaries to include daily support for all functions of accounting, staff training, team development, company culture and a progressive, changing work environment. This finance leader should be highly skilled in relationship management, emotional intelligence and decision making.
The Accounting Manager utilizes thorough knowledge of:
- Accounting, with demonstrated experience in GL
- Budgeting and GAAP
- Fixed asset activity
- Tax matters and emerging industry innovations
- Directing and coordinating accounting functions to carry out day to day operations in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company environment.
The right candidate will effectively manage a small accounting team for success. We are seeking an individual who will bring excellent:
- Mentorship and training abilities
- Motivation and evaluation skills
- Written and oral communication
- Implementation of goals, strategies and policies
Speed, accuracy, organization, ability to prioritize and maintain confidentiality of company information and pertinent data are all key for this position. If you enjoy a start-up environment and the above resonates with you, we encourage you to apply!
- Minimum of 5 years progressive accounting experience in a related industry
- Four-year college degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Proven working experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
- Ability to direct and supervise a diverse accounting team including remote employees
- Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Ability to accept and adapt rapid/continuous changes
- Solid experience in cloud-based software/platforms
Dynamics Great Plains, Expensify, JPM Credit Cards, Square Up POS, Microsoft Office, G Suite
- Overall management of the accounting staff, including training and development/coverage of open positions
- Establish, improve, and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Income statement preparation and variance analysis
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Tax payments
- Strategic planning/budgeting/forecasting
- Safeguarding all assets and compliance with internal controls and procedures
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.