General Manager, Meow Wolf Entertainment
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists. Meow Wolf is one of the fastest growing startups in New Mexico and is a Delaware registered B Corporation, a socially responsible business designation.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive; collaborators are given space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
Meow Wolf Entertainment (MWE), a department within Meow Wolf, is the engine that builds narrative universes, which enriches exhibition experiences and multiplies Meow Wolf’s engagement and impact for a global audience.
The role of this Santa Fe, NM-based General Manager for MWE (MWE GM) is to create foundational support for the department to ensure all members are supported to do the best work possible with appropriate time, resources, and creative energy. The MWE GM is tasked with leading a Management team and managing multiple areas in a fast-paced work environment. Other competencies include making operational decisions in a timely manner, meeting financial goals, and leading the team to work in a collaborative manner to meet and exceed expectations set by Divisional Leadership.
The MWE GM will identify threads, themes, and patterns in workflows throughout the department and across the company: encouraging efficiencies and maintaining open fruitful lines of communication and collaboration. The MWE GM translates MWE’s strategic plans into actionable content initiatives – both internal and external – across multiple platforms and formats to meet the Division’s goals. The position collaborates with all department heads and MWE officers to ensure a healthy balance between unleashed creativity and the structures that support it. The MWE GM is a day-to-day resource to help facilitate the most efficient and satisfying work environment for all.
- 5+ years of media industry producing experience
- 3+ years media industry operations experience
- Must exhibit an aptitude for leading, coaching, and driving excellence at every level
- The dexterity and demeanor to work with a variety of personalities and teams of people both inside and outside of the company to accomplish the goals set forth
- Proficient computer skills, emphasis on current social media platforms
- Excellent time management skills, ability to multitask and prioritize items within a fast paced environment
- Excellent team management capability
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- Adaptable to changing needs and possess the ability to take on new tasks
- Ability to handle sensitive tasks accurately and confidently
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday (40 hours average).
- Cultural Leadership
- Emotional Intelligence
- Conflict Management
- Organizational Advocate
- Team Leadership
- Results Driven
- Building Teams
- Creative Leadership
- Problem Solving
- Creative Thinking
- Job Knowledge
- Resource Management
Some travel may be required.
- Translating the EVP of Meow Wolf Entertainment’s overall content development strategic plan into actionable processes to meet Division goals
- Enlisting and maintaining the highest quality of creative resources in order to accomplish the Division’s goals and create mind-bending content
- Ensuring that the Division’s content creation is consistent with Meow Wolf’s high creative standards
- Developing standards, systems, and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies
- Establishing and overseeing workflow for ideating, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content
- Works with cross-company stakeholders, maintaining awareness of all relevant MWE projects
- Works with MWE Leadership, as well as the Development, and Production Departments to establish and maintain a workflow for teams to better interface with projects of all sizes
- Demonstrating proactive leadership by ensuring positive staff experiences through personal interactions, daily management of all aspects of content development, team morale, system management
- Finding the right balance between process and flexibility to deliver unleashed creativity
- Provides conflict resolutions in a positive, effective manner
- Manage opportunities to increase management pipeline and maximize engagement/retention
- Setting clear and understandable guidelines around creative development so that all team members have a sense of purpose, a sense of urgency, and a sense of deliverables
- Inspiring and motivating creative talent to deliver their best and most impactful work
- Maintains positive talent relations by maintaining a solid understanding of the arts and entertainment industry, to ensure that artists and industry representatives have positive experiences with MWE
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.