About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling.
Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within House of Eternal Return, Meow Wolf’s flagship location (a.k.a. MW Santa Fe LLC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Meow Wolf Inc, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around an immersive art experience combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
Meow Wolf is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates. We are an equal opportunity employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meow Wolf Santa Fe is hiring a full time Janitorial Lead. The Janitorial Lead is responsible for coordinating the janitorial staff and ensuring that the interior and exterior of Meow Wolf is maintained and cleaned. This is a maintenance position.
Hours: 40 hours per week 6am-2pm, weekends will be required, there will be 2 consecutive days off.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Ability to follow instructions and pay attention to detail
- A positive attitude.
- 19 years of age or older (requirement).
- More than 2 years experience managing a team of 5 or more staff.
- More than 2 years experience training new staff members.
- More than 2 years experience creating staff schedules.
- Ability to clearly communicate information and expectations to staff.
- Ability to thoughtfully listen to needs and concerns of staff.
- Ability to follow and enforce safety rules.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt in a fast paced work environment.
- Professional demeanor in a public space.
- Experience with general hand tools and cleaning equipment
- Experience in a physically demanding field: janitorial, construction, agricultural
- Thorough knowledge of the common tools, equipment, and materials used in cleaning and maintenance activities.
- Thorough knowledge of methods used in the cleaning of buildings.
- Thorough knowledge of occupational hazards and safety rules and regulations.
- Considerable knowledge of employee policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate and use tools and equipment of the janitorial service.
- Ability to maintain cleaning equipment and machinery.
The Janitorial Lead responsibilities include:
- Coordinating activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of other janitorial staff.
- Evaluating and verifying employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques.
- Identifying staff development and training needs and ensuring that training is obtained.
- Maintaining records, preparing reports, and composing correspondence relative to the work.
- Making rounds to check for crew coverage of designated work areas, assigning needed coverage, and giving special cleaning instructions and/or assignments.
- Determining materials, supplies, and equipment needs; ordering cleaning supplies and materials.
- Inspecting equipment for cleanliness and repair and personally make minor repairs.
- Performing related work as assigned
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.