About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Inc., an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
Details about our current stack:
- RAN stack (React, Apollo/GraphQL, Next.js)
- 3rd Party infrastructure and APIs: Headless WordPress, Square, Github, Jira + others
- SOAP API knowledge a plus
The ideal candidate:
- Has 3+ years of software development experience, and a strong track record of solving complex end-user problems with simple solutions that focus on usability, performance, scalability, reliability, and maintainability.
- Is capable, productive, and passionate about art, technology, and challenging themselves.
- Has the experience to design and implement awesome new features through data and customer-driven development cycles.
- Wants to push the limits of product innovation using the latest advancements in technology and methods – working closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers.
- Is excited about research who understands the necessity to not always recreate the wheel, and can deliver timely results to customers.
- Is organized and can communicate well with their team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Bonus: Experience architecting and building services with GraphQL
- Bonus: Experience working with Docker for development and deployment
- Bonus: Experience using CI tools for automated deployment
- Bonus: Understanding of web application security best practices
- Ability to develop, deploy and maintain Node.js and PHP (WordPress) APIs to JSON 1.0 specifications to be consumed by React, React Native and iOS Native applications.
- Familiarity with all aspects of web application deployment, including SSL, DNS, Database Migration, Staging, Docker, etc. as well as build toolings like Webpack, Babel, Gulp, Sass and Less.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and intuitive front end interfaces
- Build cross-browser solutions optimized for a wide range of devices.
- Identify problems/bugs and develop elegant solutions.
- Help maintain code quality.
- Measure and optimize the performance of our digital products.
- Make informed engineering decisions when evaluating tradeoffs at all levels of the technical stack.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.