Director of HR – Las Vegas, NV
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling.
Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position with Meow Wolf Las Vegas, a new permanent immersive art exhibition opening in late 2019: https://lasvegas.meowwolf.com/
This job is located in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The Human Resources Director is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior HR management and senior line management to support designated internal clients. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, compensation administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment, and employment law compliance.
A bachelor’s degree and three to five years of HR experience, or a master’s degree in HR management and two years of experience in the HR field, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Masters’ degree in human resources or related
- SHRM Certified Professional or SHRM Senior Certified Professional credential
- Eight to ten years of human resources experience
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all employees in client organization; assists in the development and implementation of people policies and procedures; assists in the preparation and communication of the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual for client organization.
- Participates in developing HR department goals, objectives and systems.
- Provides advice and counsel to senior leadership in client organization, working at the strategic level to solve organizational issues.
- Supports managers to address employee relations and performance gaps, including mitigating risk and managing situations that result in the best possible outcomes for the company, teams, and people.
- Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and non-exempt employees, interns and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends client staff meetings as appropriate.
- Maintains company organization charts and client information within appropriate data bases.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.