About this Position
Meow Wolf Entertainment (MWE), a division of Meow Wolf Inc., is seeking a full time Administrative Assistant to join our team in Santa Fe, New Mexico to work on a variety of exciting endeavors.
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with with hundreds of artists. Meow Wolf is one of the fastest growing startups in New Mexico and is a Delaware registered B Corporation, a socially responsible business designation.
The Administrative Assistant will play a key role in a fast-paced, detail-focused, and sometimes chaotic team environment. The candidate would act as an integral avenue of communication and organization for the creative and management teams. This position will benefit anyone interested in becoming well-versed in many different aspects of the media industry, from development to release across all formats and mediums.
We are in the beginning stages of developing our department and this is an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a unique organization. Ideally, the candidate will be passionate to help establish, maintain, and grow a dynamic and innovative media studio.
- Discreet and professional when handling sensitive information. Must maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Self-motivated, self-managing, and patient with yourself and others
- Must be receptive to direction and perform well within a team environment.
- Able to manage multiple tasks and make solution-driven decisions in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- Adaptable to changing needs and possess the ability to take on new tasks
- Ability to handle sensitive tasks accurately and confidentially
- Computer savvy and capable of learning new computer programs
- At least one year prior experience as an assistant or coordinator
- Adobe Creative Cloud experience
- Managing and facilitating the comprehensive daily schedule during production, post-production, and development of upcoming projects
- Detailing expenses, fulfilling invoices, and overseeing reimbursement processes
- Crafting implementation proposals and rough budgets to assess the viability of project pitches
- Initiating and shepherding communication with vendors, producers, landlords, specialists, and crew members
- Supervising interns and managing intern projects.
- Preparing, maintaining, and managing travel schedule and logistics
- Liaising with international crews and offices and providing detailed status reports to leadership
- Planning and scheduling meetings, to-dos, reminders, and appointments
- Performing research assignments assigned by Program Manager and leadership
- Helping to establish systems and protocols to optimize the best possible creative framework
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.