About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling.
Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
Meow Wolf is seeking an enthusiastic and highly competent Maintenance Specialist to join our Facilities team. The Maintenance Specialist performs unskilled and semi-skilled maintenance, repair, adjustment and minor construction work in the basic trades to ensure that facilities are properly maintained and meet company and industry standards. Assists more skilled staff in the completion of larger and more complex assignments. Duties may fall into a variety of trades areas, including carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, energy management, fire and life safety, and locks/security.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent; prefer vocational or associates-level
- At least 1 year of Facilities experience and experience working with general contractors
- High degree of professional integrity
- Excellent judgement
- Communication – Ability to effectively communicate ideas
- Self-starter, with the ability to multitask and prioritize in a complex, occasionally ambiguous environment
- Works in a safe manner and recognizes unsafe situations. Takes appropriate action to ensure safety of themselves and others in building.
- People person. Enjoys interacting with colleagues and can recognize that her or his work helps to advance our collective vision every day.
- Tracks and and supports in the implementation of facilities work, major upgrades or repairs, service calls, and work requests as directed by the Facilities Manager.
- Oversees the facilities email inbox and keeps a running list of all outstanding facilities requests from around the company
- Assists in the maintenance of all building systems including mechanical, electrical, security, and fire/life safety, and Manage all company utilities accounts and ensure efficient use of the building systems heating and cooling schedules, water usage, electrical, etc…,)
- Assists in managing inventory supply ordering.
- Under the leadership of the Facilities Manager, oversees contractors working on facility projects and delivery of services.
- Provides budget coordination support as requested.
- Takes on additional projects as directed by the Facilities Manager.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.