About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling.
Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
Meow Wolf is seeking a Creative Lead to join our team to lead the creative development of new digital products and experiences. This person is responsible for the overall creative vision and alignment of our design and development teams within the Digital Division, and will have high visibility across the company. We are creating new experiences that push the boundaries of existing norms of interaction. This requires a strong creative professional who is capable of guiding and directing the work in a way that enables our creative teams to think big while maintaining continuity and ensuring that the overall customer experience remains aligned with the values of Meow Wolf. This person will also be responsible for articulating and communicating the vision of our work using various visual mediums including producing concept art and developing presentations.
- BA / BS with a minimum of 5 years working experience leading the creative development of new products and services
- Unique capacity for identifying, describing, and guiding the aesthetic and experiential qualities of the team’s work
- Ability to understand and ascribe business value to creative and conceptual thinking
- Expert level experience using the Adobe Creative suite to visually articulate design concepts and produce amazingly detailed concept art
- Expert level experience using Keynote to develop presentations that clearly communicate vision and tell a compelling story
- Experience using lean agile methodologies and tools
- Experience conducting qualitative and quantitative customer research
- Highly collaborative working style with a deep capacity for both qualitative and analytical thinking
- Lead the team to generate and develop new ideas and concepts on an ongoing basis that immerse participants in a rich story universe
- Collaborate with and lead other creative team members to clearly visualize and articulate conceptual thinking and experience design into documents that can be used for production by other departments
- Coordinate with other creative leads and department heads to ensure creative alignment across multiple ongoing projects
- Analyze and synthesize the creative thinking of the team to develop experiential guidelines and design principles
- Collaborate with the Product Manager to plan and conduct customer research to uncover new opportunities and better understand the needs of our customers and participants
- Participate in daily standups and work to enable other creative team members to do their best work
- Evangelize the work and vision of the department to other areas of the company as well as to the world through public speaking and written works
- Produce regular status reports and updates for executive stakeholder
This position will coordinate with a team of art directors, creative leads, designers, and visual artists to develop new concepts and visually articulate design thinking. This position will also directly manage a team of designers and creatives.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.