IT Support Technician
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling.
Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
Meow Wolf is seeking an IT Support Technician to join a cross functional team that supports the day-to-day operations of the company and its team members. The ideal candidate will have experience working within an operations team, troubleshooting issues with hardware, software, and basic network issues. This position will actively respond to and triage requests for hardware and software support and defer to vendors when additional support is needed.
This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as a high level of focus and follow-through.This position will work closely with other members of MW Inc. IT & Infrastructure team to learn Meow Wolf’s organizational standards, process, and culture. Once oriented, the position will grow into a full first level of response for hardware and software support for MW Inc.
- 1-3 years of professional experience providing IT hardware and software support using industry standard support ticketing system(s)
- Basic understanding of MacOS and Windows environments
- Basic knowledge of network topology and protocols
- Solid foundational understanding of the OSI model
- Strong foundational understanding of Information Technology fundamentals through both study and practice
- Strong technical skills and the ability to troubleshoot many different technical systems
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage deeply nested sets of requirements and dependencies
- High level of technical literacy, and the ability to understand technical requirements
- Ability to adopt new pieces of software to achieve job responsibilities
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and ability to work collaboratively as part of a large creative team.
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-managing, patient with yourself and others
- Must be receptive to receiving direction and can perform well within a team environment
- Able to make solution-driven decisions in a fast-paced work environment
- Adaptable to changing needs and possess the ability to take on new tasks
- Sense of humor
- Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree
- Current CompTIA A+ certification
- Current CompTIA Network+ certification
- Basic understanding of the OSI Model
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage Meow Wolf’s support ticketing system and providing support for the following:
- Company-owned workstations and laptops, print/scan/copy hardware, phones/teleconferencing rooms, internet service, network, Point of Sale (PoS), and network attached storage/backup devices.
- Meow Wolf software platforms including but not limited to: G-Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs), Slack, Zoom, Nikabot, LastPass, DocuSign, AirWatch, Code 42, Wrike, TeamGantt, and others (prior knowledge of all platforms listed but the more familiarity the better)
- Work with vendors if required to resolve support tickets/requests
- Work with IT Systems Manager and IT Department Administrator to develop support/reference documentation for workstations, printer/copiers, and other team member facing hardware systems
- Assist IT Systems Manager in developing training curriculum/materials to reduce reactive support tickets/requests
- Work with Soft Platforms manager to develop support/reference documentation for Meow Wolf company software platforms
- Assist Soft Platforms Manager in developing training curriculum/materials to reduce reactive support tickets/requests
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
There is no travel required for this position. All work will be performed on-site at Meow Wolf offices in Santa Fe, NM. Visits to various Meow Wolf offices in Santa Fe will be required as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.