Venue Manager on Duty
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling.
Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within House of Eternal Return, Meow Wolf’s flagship location (a.k.a. MW Santa Fe LLC), a wholly owned subsidiary of Meow Wolf Inc, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around an immersive art experience combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
The Meow Wolf Santa Fe Events Department is hiring a part-time staff member. This person will work in a managerial capacity during events held at the House of Eternal Return exhibit, and will provide assistance with any other needs related to Meow Wolf event production as requested and agreed upon. Most shifts for this position will occur between 2pm and 3am.
Assist with the production of shows and parties hosted by the Meow Wolf Events Department by acting as an on-site manager & venue representative, and fulfill other needs for the Events Department as requested such as artist transportation, hospitality, and staging assistance.
- A desire to work directly with a team of 15-30 coworkers and talk to the public in a live music setting.
- 19 years of age or older.
- The ability to lift 50 lbs or more.
- The ability to learn point of sale and ticketing systems.
- The ability to follow and enforce internal policies, procedures, and safety rules.
- Possession of or willingness to immediately obtain a State alcohol servers license and learn and enforce State, local, and Internal alcohol regulations.
- The ability to provide reliable transportation for artists and VIP’s.
- The ability to communicate effectively with potentially difficult personalities.
- The ability to remain calm and solution-oriented in high stress situations, and give direction to staff in those situations.
- The willingness to train on duties involved with other internal operational positions such as Docent, Front Desk, Docent Lead, and Manager on Duty.
- Prior work and/or volunteer experience with event production in areas of technical production, hospitality fulfilment, ticket sales and tracking, and general operations.
- Prior work and/or volunteer experience coordinating and managing paid staff or volunteers to execute tasks in a fast-paced setting.
- A clean and reliable vehicle that is registered and insured.
- The ability to set up a simple Public Address (PA) system.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to balance directiveness and non-subjective dealings with emotional intelligence.
- Detail oriented administrative strengths related to the use of spreadsheets and contracts.
As a Night Manager & Venue Rep. at a show:
- Gather Hospitality items or other goods as needed.
- Greet bands, DJ’s, and their Tour Managers and Crew Members (touring party) and provide them with the information, amenities, credentials, and productional needs as requested or required.
- Assist the touring party and the night’s Front of House Engineer with the show’s load in of gear and other productional items.
- Work in a managerial role with all of the show’s stakeholders, including operations staff, bar staff, security staff, production staff, and the touring party before, during, and after the show to make sure all needs are met to ensure the enjoyment and safety of guests, staff, and the touring party.
- Coordinate the selling of show tickets and track ticket sales and bar sales.
- Monitor the effectiveness of all internal and contracted staff members and provide assistance and direction where needed.
- Execute settlements with the touring party by paying Band/DJ fees and collecting merchandise splits the night of the show.
- Ensure that all incidents are addressed appropriately and effectively, and reported when necessary.
- Act as a “runner” to provide transportation for artists upon request.
- Work as a loader or stage hand for shows upon request.
- Train on our venue’s lighting design system and assist with the lighting design component of the show’s production upon request.
- Provide assistance with any events produced by the Meow Wolf Events Department as requested and agreed upon.