Project Designer/Project Architect
About this Position
Meow Wolf is engaged in creating mind-blowing, immersive installations. We are seeking multiple talented and experienced project designers or project architects to work principally on upcoming traveling and permanent exhibitions.
This position is housed within the design department of Meow Wolf Creative Studios and reports directly to the design director. The project designer or project architect is part of a project-based team and works collaboratively with project managers, art directors, artists, fabricators, external consultants, business partners, and venues to move large-scale exhibitions through all phases of the design process.
- Degree in architecture, interiors, industrial or exhibition design. Advanced or professional architecture degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of professional experience leading complex projects through all phases of the design process, including the management of document sets and administration during construction or fabrication.
- Proficiency in Rhino, AutoCAD, and Adobe software. Experience with shop drawings and in preparing design files for CAM/CNC fabrication.
- Outstanding design skills and digital abilities, evidenced by portfolio.
- Excellent oral, written, and graphic communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and ability to design collaboratively as part of a large creative team.
- Cover letter and resume
- Name and contact information for three references
- Pdf or link to work samples and/or online portfolio
- Lead the design research, drawing and visualization, material and detail development, and documentation for the construction and fabrication of enclosures, spaces, sculptures, furniture and other installation elements.
- Work with the design director and fabrication director to further develop protocols for shop drawings, and digital fabrication.
- Contribute to other design projects at the building, interiors, and/or site development scale.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.