Junior Designer/Intern Architect
About this Position
Meow Wolf creative Studios is engaged in creating mind-blowing, immersive installations for traveling exhibitions and new properties that we are developing. We are seeking multiple junior designers or intern architects with exceptional 3D modeling and digital representation skills to join our growing design department in Santa Fe, NM.
The junior designer or intern architect will work under the Design Director and Project Designers to produce concept design presentations for architectural proposals and exhibition designs, as well as working drawings for in-house fabrication and the installation of exhibitions. Candidates must be self-motivated, organized, resourceful, and capable of working collaboratively with architects, designers, fabricators, and artists on projects at multiple scales.
- Degree in architecture, interiors, industrial or exhibition design. Advanced or professional architecture degree preferred.
- Strong digital skills and proficiency in AutoCAD, Rhino, and Adobe software. Experience with CNC fabrication and/or Revit is a plus.
- Experience producing design presentations and working drawings in an office setting. 1-2 years.
- Design skills and digital abilities, evidenced by portfolio.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, strong work ethic, positive attitude.
- Cover letter and resume
- Name and contact information for three referrences
- PDF or link to online portfolio of design work
- Develop design concept drawings, digital renderings and 3D visualization for artists, architectural proposals, and exhibition designs.
- Prepare drawing files for digital fabrication and working drawings for planning, fabrication, and installation of exhibitions.
- Assist in developing and maintaining department drawing and modeling standards and file management procedures.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.