About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Inc., an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
Meow Wolf is seeking an ambitious and experienced senior full-stack software developer to be part of an agile development team. As a senior member of a growing team, this role will have direct impact on success at many levels of the company.
Our current stack:
● RNG stack (React, Next.js, Apollo/GraphQL)
● Headless WordPress
● 3rd Party infrastructure and APIs: WooCommerce, Stripe, Square, Github, Jira + others
Familiarity with these technologies is strongly preferred.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 5+ years of software development experience, and a strong track record of solving complex end-user problems with simple solutions that focus on usability, performance, scalability, reliability, and maintainability.
- Is capable, productive, and passionate about art, technology, and challenging themselves.
- Has the experience to design and implement awesome new features through data and customer-driven development cycles.
- Wants to push the limits of product innovation using the latest advancements in technology and methods – working closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers.
- Is excited about research who understands the necessity to not always recreate the wheel, and can deliver timely results to customers.
- Is organized and can communicate well with their team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience architecting and building services with GraphQL
- Experience working with Docker for development and deployment
- Experience using CI tools for automated deployment
- Understanding of web application security best practices
- Understanding of software design patterns and 12-factor methodology
- Ability to develop, deploy and maintain Node.js and PHP (WordPress) APIs to JSON 1.0 specifications to be consumed by React, React Native, and iOS/Android native applications.
- Develop reusable frontend components and interfaces in React by collaborating with the designers and product manager
- Utilize Docker for local application development and deployment to staging and production environments
- Maintain cross-browser compatibility and optimize for a wide range of mobile devices
- Identify problems/bugs in the moment and develop elegant solutions.
- Help coach the team to maintain code quality through code reviews and mentorship.
- Work with the DevOps Engineer to measure and optimize the performance of our digital products.
- Make informed engineering decisions when evaluating tradeoffs and new tools at all levels of the tech stack.
This position works closely with the Digital Project manager and Director to help lead the team on technologies, code bases, and infrastructure.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.