About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Inc., an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
The ideal candidate for this position is technically skilled, innovative, and eager to learn. The DevOps Engineer will build and manage toolsets, workflows, processes, and platforms that the Meow Wolf development team uses daily to ensure the success of our software releases, and ultimately, the organization as a whole.
As the DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing and managing on-prem virtualization and cloud infrastructure, continuous integration and deployment workflows, application and performance monitoring tools, test automation tools, and configuration management systems.
Currently used technologies:
- RNG stack (React, Next.js, Apollo/GraphQL)
- React Native mobile application
- WordPress API
- Numerous 3rd Party APIs and services
The ideal candidate is:
- Capable, productive, and passionate about art, technology, and challenging themselves.
- Experienced in designing and implementing new software features through data and customer-driven development cycles.
- Interested in pushing the limits of product innovation using the latest advancements in technology and methods working closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers.
- Excited about research and understands the necessity to not always recreate the wheel, and can deliver timely results to customers.
- Organized and can communicate well with their team.
Our Digital Team is growing and we’re streamlining our process. The DevOps Engineer will be an integral part of this growth. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved and participate in building a strong, effective team that supports the entire company.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience building and maintaining software development tools and cloud infrastructure
- Experience working with cross functional teams to solve problems and launch new products
- Experience implementing GraphQL and maintaining Apollo servers
- Deep understanding of CI tools such as Jenkins and CircleCI
- Deep understanding of configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, and Puppet
- Deep understanding of server administration of *nix based systems
- Comprehensive understanding of popular cloud service providers – particularly the AWS ecosystem
- Develop and maintain a consistent and automated deployment workflow for all of our web and mobile software products
- Support the development team in utilizing the deployment workflow, enforcing standards and consistency from end-to-end
- Develop and enforce standards around how the development team utilizes Docker to containerize their projects, ensuring consistency across all deployment environments
- Develop and automate the configuration and management of all software and server infrastructure using industry standard tools and practices
- Establish and maintain consistent secret storage across all environments and integrate into the deployment workflow
- Build and maintain cloud infrastructure necessary to deliver and scale our software products
- Administer and manage data storage for all of our software systems
- Integrate MW software platforms and SaaS tools into our data warehouse and analytics platforms
- Collaborate with the team to develop new tools and solutions that can improve their workflow and increase productivity
- Contribute to software projects by providing architectural guidance and expertise
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.