Electrical Site Project Manager – Las Vegas
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art collective and production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Inc., an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
Meow Wolf is seeking an Electrical Site Project Manager to join a cross-functional team that supports the construction and installation of our Las Vegas, NV exhibit at Area 15. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of excellence working on a construction job site with an electrical contractor crew, managing the installation and coordination of electrical systems for the project. This Electrical Site Project Manager will act as an on-site owner’s rep answering questions and coordinating the work of electrical and low voltage contractors as well as audiovisual, lighting, security, and fog/haze integrators on the Meow Wolf Las Vegas job site. This position requires excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as a high level of focus and follow-through.
The Electrical Site Project Manager is a temporary position. This team member will be hired as a temporary employee from the hiring date through the opening of the Las Vegas exhibit. The ideal candidate lives full time in Las Vegas and is able to relocate for 2-3 months to Santa Fe for training in Meow Wolf’s organizational design standards, process, and culture as well as the detailed project plans and design methodologies employed in the Las Vegas project.
Once the training period in Santa Fe is complete, the position will be located full time on the job site of the Las Vegas project through the completion of construction and the opening of the exhibit. During the period between the end of construction (CO) and the opening of the exhibit, the incumbent will assist the Meow Wolf IT & Infrastructure team, tech team, and contracted artists in integrating in the final tech system(s) elements (media servers, controllers, etc.) that tie into the line voltage, low voltage, network, audiovisual, and lighting infrastructure systems installed by contractors/integrators during construction.
- 3-5 years of professional experience managing electrical construction projects
- Ideally having worked on medium to large commercial facilities
- Thorough understanding of commercial construction and management through both study and practice
- The ability to successfully communicate and coordinate with many different trades during construction
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage deeply nested sets of requirements and dependencies
- High level of technical literacy, the ability to both manage and generally understand technical requirements
- Ability to adopt new pieces of software to achieve job responsibilities
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, and ability to work collaboratively as part of a large creative team.
- Proactive/forward looking
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-managing, patient with yourself and others
- Must be receptive to receiving direction and can perform well within a team environment
- Able to make solution-driven decisions in a fast-paced work environment
- Adaptable to changing needs and possess the ability to take on new tasks
- Undergraduate degree and/or certificate in construction management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) cert
- Electrical Engineer’s license is a plus but not required
- Recommended certifications and credentials (not required).
- Electrical Journeyman/Master certification
- BICSI RCDD
- Electrical Safety
- Work with Meow Wolf specialists to learn the Las Vegas project design intent, plans, infrastructure systems, stakeholders, contractors, integrators, and construction schedule.
- Build relationships with Meow Wolf tech team, design partners, project integrators, and contractors in order to successfully coordinate and manage systems installation during construction.
- Manage all design drawings, fixture schedules, and supplemental project documentation for electrical infrastructure systems during project design and construction.
- Liaise with General Contractor, Electrical Contractor, Low Voltage Contractor, and infrastructure integration partners to identify any issues before work begins, answer questions and communicate changes in design correctly and promptly to avoid change orders when possible.
- Liaise with Meow Wolf field certification partners for tech systems review, code compliance, and field inspections of all projects on site as needed.
- Liaise with municipal electrical inspectors for electrical inspections of exhibition facilities as needed.
- Assist the Meow Wolf teams and contracted artists in integrating in the final tech system(s) elements that tie into infrastructure systems installed during construction.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.