iOS / App Developer
About this Position
Meow Wolf is looking for a iOS app developer to join us at our Santa Fe headquarters. The ideal candidate for this position will be skilled, creative and eager to work on our unique projects.
This position will create apps for use in and outside of our physical locations. The selected candidate will also be responsible for building tools the integrate with our online shop and other web platforms. This position will also support development on this platform for future exhibition apps, gaming layer, new content, etc.
This position collaborates with many teams at Meow Wolf Creative Studios. This position reports directly to the Web Dev Team, and will work closely with the Tech Team and other Creative Studio Leads.
In your cover letter, consider answering some of these questions:
- What devices & OSs’ are you most excited to work with?
- What tools/libraries are you most comfortable with/would love to use?
- If you could build anything, what would it be?
- Experience with RESTful HTTP APIs
- Experience with UIKit
- Experience building iOS/MacOS frameworks
- Strong Swift skills with solid understanding of Object-Oriented design
- Solid understanding of the iOS SDK with fluency in Objective C.
- Excellent understanding of app user interface and user experience principles.
- Experience making informed engineering decisions and evaluating tradeoffs at all levels of the technical stack.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Android development experience is desired, but not required.
- 4 years of relevant experience leading full stack development projects.
- Experience with large applications of some scale.
- Experience in deploying AdHoc versions to test devices.
- Experience releasing applications in both Apple’s App Store and Google Play.
- Prior work with creating virtual environments and/or game layers.
- Awesome personality with the ability to collaborate effectively in a diverse and fast-paced environment.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable packages & front-end code.
- Identify problems/bugs and develop elegant solutions.
- Make strategic technical decisions related to new products and functionalities.
- Help maintain code quality.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.