Product Manager / Merchandiser
About the Company
Meow Wolf is an art production company creating and operating immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages to fantastical realms of storytelling.
Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibitions throughout the United States working with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is for a position within Meow Wolf Creative Studios, an interdisciplinary, collaborative nexus focused around the creation of immersive art experiences – combining architectural design, art, custom technology, fabrication, and digital content development.
Meow Wolf is seeking an experienced merchandiser to product manage a variety of fun and novelty consumer products that will be featured and sold within our immersive exhibit projects. The ideal candidate will bring merchandising, development, and buying experience across consumer product categories such as apparel, accessories, toys, figurines, homeware, collectibles, and printed goods. To be successful in this role you should be skilled at brand building, strategic planning, creating product briefs, and managing development calendars. This position will report to the VP of Merchandise and will work cross functionally with designers, artists, marketing, and retail partners. The ideal candidate will thrive within Meow Wolf’s fast-paced, community-oriented start-up culture and enjoy being part of an ever evolving team.
- 3+ years experience product management / product development working within relevant retail consumer product categories
- Proficient at strategic planning and presentation
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Highly proficient with spreadsheet functions, MS Excel, and Google Suite
- Strong time management skills to effectively prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment, with multiple inputs
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in related fields
- Experience with project management software such as Airtable and Wrike
- Experience with retail and wholesale operations, systems, and logistics
- Create brand and category strategic plans and revenue projections
- Develop category and product briefs detailing style/sku counts, target costs, pricing, and margins
- Communicate with vendors for product development and sourcing
- Analysis of sales reports, market research, consumer feedback
- Budgeting, planning, and forecasting of inventory needs
- Managing and tracking product details in spreadsheets and Airtable
- Setting up products in lineplans and point of sale software
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.