About this Position
Meow Wolf Santa Fe is hiring a full-time docent lead. The docent lead must be able to work 8-hour shifts and on occasion 9-10 hour shifts. Work is generally performed between 9am and 3am, with individual shifts ranging from 6-10 hours in length. Docent leads must have a flexible schedule and be available to work days, evenings, and weekends.
The docent lead is responsible for the safety, security, and cleanliness of the House of Eternal Return exhibition space, parking lot, and restrooms. The docent lead reports to the shift manager, aka Manager on Duty (MoD), during their shift. The docent lead manages docent staff during their shift, including providing feedback directly.
- A flexible schedule with the ability to work days, nights, and weekends
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff
- Demonstrated good judgment in difficult and complicated situations
- Demonstrated ability to maintain an appropriate, dispassionate demeanor in emergencies, difficult customer interactions, and interactions with personnel
- Comfort with technology to the extent of resetting devices, using a custom interface (aka “show controller”) to monitor exhibition technology, and clearly describing technology issues to the technology team
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a positive representative of Meow Wolf
The ideal job candidate will also:
- Be familiar with Meow Wolf operations
- Be bilingual or multilingual
- Have experience in a leadership role in a similar public-facing institution
- Have experience training staff
- Acting as shift manager to docent staff
- Assigning tasks and stations to docents
- Providing performance feedback to docents
- Taking the lead and assigning tasks to staff when emergencies, security concerns, or potentially hazardous situations arise
- Checking, and leading docents in the process of checking, that all elements of the exhibition are working properly
- Resolving technical issues and communicating issues to the tech team
- With the front desk lead or Manager on Duty, orienting field trips and other groups to the rules and operations of the House of Eternal Return
- Training new docents and docent leads
- Communicating issues to management as needed
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.