About this Position
Meow Wolf is an arts collective and production company that creates and operates immersive, interactive, multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages into fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then, Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibits all over the United States and worked with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is to work with Meow Wolf Inc., d.b.a. Meow Wolf Creative Studios (hereafter referred to as Creative Studios), which Meow Wolf established in January 2017 as the parent organization for all of Meow Wolf’s subsidiary endeavors. Creative Studios is one of the fastest growing startups in New Mexico and is a Delaware registered B Corporation, a socially responsible business designation. The company is working to expand to other cities, but will operate from headquarters in Santa Fe, NM.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive, where people are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.
The Program Manager for Creative Studios is responsible for managing and coordinating all aspects of all government funded programs and is a full-time member of Meow Wolf’s Human Resources department. The Program Manager is responsible for the research, development, planning, implementation and evaluation of all government funding opportunities, and for ensuring that these programs complement and supplement our current hiring initiatives and work culture. The goal is to ensure that all programs deliver the desirable outcome to our organization.
- Project Management
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Problem Solving / Analysis
- Technical Capacity
- Orientation to Learning
- Personal Effectiveness / Credibility
- Customer / Client Focus
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Position Type & Expected Hours of Work:
This is a Full-Time, Salaried, Exempt position. Hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Required Education and Experience:
- Considerable knowledge of community resources and public programs and regulations.
- Any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Experience in Program Management preferred.
- Experience in Human Resources Management preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Some of the programs this position will manage include, but are not limited to:
- Local Economic Development Act (LEDA). (An ordinance creating an economic development organization and a strategic plan.)
- Job Training Incentive Program (JTIP). (Funds classroom and on-the-job training for newly-created jobs in expanding or relocating businesses for up to 6 months. The program reimburses 50-75% of employee wages. )
- High Wage Tax Credit. (An incentive program for creating high-wage jobs in the State of New Mexico.)
The ideal candidate will be an excellent organizer and self-starter. They will also be able to communicate with leaders of various departments to assess needs and opportunities that government programs could support, and work with those leaders to gather the necessary information for managing such programs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop, implement, coordinate, promote and evaluate government programs.
- Assure program contract or regulatory compliance.
- Participate in the development and administration of program budget.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports.
- Lead programs from beginning to end and facilitate the communication and interaction among the functional representatives.
- Track program against its schedule, budget and against phase review objectives, reporting status to supervisor on a regular basis and executive staff on an as needed basis.
- Analyze policies and procedures to improve program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure adherence to federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Maintain working relationships with community and government agencies and organizations.
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.