Tech Project Manager
About this Position
Meow Wolf is an arts collective and production company that creates and operates immersive, interactive multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages into fantastical realms of storytelling. Founded in 2008 by a small group of artists, writers, musicians, and makers looking to create an egalitarian space for artistic expression, Meow Wolf’s first exhibits were created in warehouses on shoestring budgets. Since then, Meow Wolf has created 25 exhibits all over the United States, and worked with hundreds of artists.
The current job offering is to work with Meow Wolf Inc., dba Meow Wolf Creative Studios (hereafter referred to as Creative Studios), which Meow Wolf established in January 2017 as the parent organization for all of Meow Wolf’s subsidiary endeavors. Creative Studios is one of the fastest growing startups in New Mexico and is a Delaware registered B Corporation, a socially responsible business designation. The company is working to expand to other cities, but will operate from headquarters in Santa Fe, NM. Creative Studios currently has three subsidiaries and is raising investment to expand parent company activities to become a full creative studio.
The ethos of the company is often described as radically inclusive, where people are given the space to be expressive, creative, and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone, and no ambition too high.
Meow Wolf is looking for a Tech Project Manager who has extensive experience and a proven track record managing teams who are developing complex, immersive installations that seamlessly weave together sensors, microcontrollers, computers, lights, sound, video, and electromechanical elements. The Tech Project Manager will work primarily with the Tech Team, Tech GM, and CTO and will interface with other teams including Project Management (company wide), Art, Design & Fabrication, and the Narrative & Content.
- 3 years+ of project managing immersive experiences
- Great communication skills
- Steadfast attention to detail
- Ability to understand the significance and impact of changes at a micro to the macro level
- Calm when deadlines are tight and the pressure is on
- Experience working with teams and members from a range of different departments including: Tech, Art, Fabrication, ++
- Experience with the logistics of packaging and shipping shows
- Managing projects in ad agencies and production houses
- Experience with TeamGantt and Asana
- A sense of humor
Please provide a cover letter answering the following questions:
- What technologies and platforms in relation to immersive experiences are you most familiar with?
- What project management tools are you most familiar with?
- What are your strategies for resolving challenges?
- What is(are) your greatest strength(s) as a project manager?
- What is most exciting to you about project managing interactive environments?
- What is most exciting to you about joining the Meow Wolf Creative Studios?
- What is your ideal job like?
- Anything else you want us to know?
Please send examples of relevant previous projects.
- Create and manage budgets
- Create and maintain schedules
- Help refine and evolve existing processes and strategies
- Interface with other teams, project managers, and artists on multiple projects
- Adapting interactivity concepts to be gratifying and dynamic for users
- Steering interactive concepts towards feasible strategies
- Help manage time and productivity of the tech team
- Identify dependencies between teams and members to ensure milestones are met with the objective of avoiding delays, where possible
Full-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Free gym membership (Santa Fe only)
- 2 classes per semester at Santa Fe Community College
- As a rapidly growing company, our benefits will be expanding and a more comprehensive package is soon to follow.
This is an opportunity to become a part of a dynamic and collaborative culture, a beacon of creativity and community in the global economy. Meow Wolf employees are given the space to be expressive, creative and effective. Unlike a traditional corporate setting, this produces an environment where no job is too low for anyone and no ambition too high.